Laggo

None start g60 need help!

Ok so here it goes I didn't want to have to do this and bother anyone but I've got to a point where I'm completely lost for ideas, I've had the engine out and overhauled and on first start up it struck right up and just ran lumpy, we had it running for around 30min in total, then we towed it to work to do some underbody work and it just won't start, I've checked the timing about 100times spinning the cam 180degrees you name it, still nothing I have remove the cam over to check the lobes at TDC and they are rocking on cyc 1 so that's ok, I've checked the ketway on the crank all fine new crank bolt installed, the rotary arm is all lined up to cyc1 correctly.

I've even checked the ECM vac pipe and it's 1m long to the dot I have good spark and good compression, the car turns over but no start, I looked at the oil and it was well overmax and smelt of petrol could this be a over fuelling issue or just where I flooded it on start attempts.

If anyone is clued up on these engines fancies popping down the Lincolnshire area to take a look I'll be willing to pay. Cheers I'm desperate.

Should only get petrol in oil if rings are leaking, guess they could if you've been trying for ages. Have you tried checking compression again after you found petrol in oil?

Have you fuel out the injectors?

I live Lincolnshire side of Doncaster (Hatfield) where exactly are you?

Not checked for fuel from injectors but of we are flooding it by cranking I assume we have fuel I haven't used a noid light on the injectors yet to see what's happening, we have compression I around 110psi on all 4 after the flooding we have changed the oil since aswell. Tryed new Leeds and dizzy still no change, I'm from Grantham mate so not too far.

If you have a spark and compression with correct timing.

Only thing left can be fuel.

Do you hear the pump prime when you turn the key from off to the position before cranking?

If no it's either the pump or relay. If yes I would suspect the filter.

Injectors take a very long time to get so bad they won't put any fuel through

You can hear the pump prime when you turn to poss 2 and you can smell the fuel when trying to start, and with plugs out on cranking fuel sprayed out the Cylinders, so we must have fuel there, is there no small connections or anything that can prevent start?

Ok so earlier I tried a bump start just to see if it would start, and it did sort off it ran but you needed to slightly touch the throttle and it was constant backfiring, what does this show? Over fuelling?

Yeah, or timing out.

Ah, not too far but not close haha when could I come look? An afternoon one day or weekend better?

I'm pretty booked up for weekends till after new year now though! Drop us a PM if you want or ring 07950008980