Thomas Boyce

gear selector loose under the balance weight on my 9a 16v

anyone know if theres a way to tighten this or do i just hit it with a rubber malet as has been suggested to me, definately dont want to break it as parts are getting hard to find.

The car does still change gear fine at the mo but its so loose the weight only just sits in the guide hole and you can hear it rattling over bumps

any suggestions would be helpful

thanks

is something missing? the weight should be firmly bolted in place on the raised part of the cable to lever fixing bolt.

the weight is firmly in place its the bit under it that has lots of play, could be a washer has deteriated or something, cant find any diagrams of what its supposed to look like anywhere or whats supposed to be there but i dont think it was that loose when i got the car

the lever fixing bolt itself is loose, looks like it should screw in but a video i watched online said it pushes in and to hit it with a rubber hammer, doesnt seem right

number 5 the stud/bolt thing does screw in , theres nothing there that you fix with a hammer

take a decent photo and post it up

just took it all apart and it seems the washer bit that goes under the cable is not there at all, guessing it was plastic and deteriorated, gonna see if i can find a washer to fit it tomoro, glad i didnt take a hammer to it