WiganWez

can you help me confirm my 16v engine wiring.newbie

hi guys, i have been cleaning all the engine on my 16v today im new to corrados so i am not familiar with whats what any way during cleaning i knocked a connector off the silver (starter relay i think)circled(pic 1) i looked at the connector and it is either red (that snapped on me today) or earth wire that connects to the 3pin arrangement at the bottom of the silver can.i have earthed it as the car would not start at first.need to check that its right.can anyone confirm this as it seems a strange size connector that has been used (pic 2)

(Pic 1)

aaa_zpse2c4effc.jpg

(pic 2)

IMG_20140104_155214_zpsb0494662.jpg

also whilst cleaning i came across 2 wires near the drivers wing that attach to nothing.. or are they meant too.can anyone shed any light on these.. the one in (pic 3) seems similar to one that is plugged into a flattish circular metal thing that i can only describe as what looks like a motorbike horn (seen in pic 4):) (im hopeless i know)

(pic 3)

IMG_20140104_155307_zps10e614d5.jpg

(pic 4)

IMG_20140104_155315_zps3c1823a1.jpg

i will try to help as much as possible cheers in advance much appreciated

Edited by WiganWez

The wire in pic 4 connects up at the front left at top of the engine (as you look at it from the front) at the rocker cover

Pic 3. I think this clips into the grille in the front bumper. Think its for outside temp.

cheers for that was worried they were something major. the electrics are all over the place under this bonnet found a wire today running from the washer jets to keep the fan on the time some right cowboys out there.they rigged it up when the radiator broke for a short time im presuming :bonk:

anyone any clue if the starter in (pic 1) is wired correctly? or what the wire in (pic4) does now that i know where it. cheers

Wire in pic 4 may be for the fan run on switch, to keep the fuel lines cool, switch is on top left front cam cover nut

Wire in pic 4 may be for the fan run on switch, to keep the fuel lines cool, switch is on top left front cam cover nut

Ah this is possibly what my mystery wire in the same location is, except mine just terminated as a bunch of copper oxide (it was loose under the air box! I just zip-tied it up out of the way for now...)

Pic 3 is definitely the outside air temp sensor - it's supposed to sit in the driver's side air duct which goes from the splitter(?) to the wheel arch. There's a hole under the air box you can feed it though, although I've no idea if that's the Right place to do it.