Jamie

Mirror housing loose - FIXED

Just got my car out the garage, unfolded the mirror and the housing is all loose - is it like likely to be broken or is there something internally I can tighten up? The actual arm seems fine it's just the housing thats rattling...

Edited by Jamie

They are held onto the door with bolts. Can't remember whether they are accessible from outside or inside the car though.

Two screws secure the arm to the door that you access by turning the mirror housing. Not sure about the actual mirror housing and how that's secured to the arm?

Maybe pop the mirror off onad have a look or take the whole assembly off and have a look up through the arm to see if there is any securing part there. Think the arm is fairly solid though.

Sorry if that wasn't much help!

The bit that's bolted to the doors fine and the actual bit the glass is fixed to is solid, it's the plastic housing that's loose and rattling. It still folds in and out fine but when it's out its loose. Gonna have to take it off and have a look at the weekend I think.

Thanks for your replies gents :)

Just thought I'd update this in case it helps anyone else.

Took the mirror off and stripped it down today. Two of the plastic mounting posts that secure the mirror housing to the actual mirror had snapped off. Used a bit of superglue, a bit of liquid epoxy and a bit of Milliput and it's all back together and as good as new :)