MZpog

Replacement front speakers?

My corrado has some sony 3 way 13cm speakers in the front which are a little on the lame side so I'm considering replacing them with some components.

I want to pay less than £100, gain loads bass (I know this won't happen without a sub but some must be better than others) and to run them off my head unit.

What I'm looking for is recommendations for replacements.

Seems to be a lot of people suggesting focal or hertz, however I'd consider any brand.

Cheers people,

Stuart.

To be honest you're not really going to gain any bass with 13cm components, they only produce mids & highs. You will need some type of sub or at worst some 6x9's for any discernible bass. I've got some JBL components up front, that we're cheap as chips from eBay running off a 4x50w Kenwood head unit, the head unit does have a decent onboard amp though. In the back is an active 8" Alpine sub that was around £100 from eBay, even though it's only 8" it gives a really decent amount of bass

I really don't want to start with subs/wiring, hence the rca's and power cables left in my corrado were ripped out of car when I purchased it.

Hertz at the fronts of mine and they was 100 baz

Jbl rears

Sounds half decent I was going to try fit a bigger speaker but **** be bothered to faff

It was one of the first things I did when I picked my vr up. Got a alpine head unit with hertz front speakers and tweeters which mount to the door cards easy enough. I also go some hertz for the rear but haven't wired it up yet.

Hertz are great all round speakers and a good price