Is my g60 running to cool?

Hi guys have bought a new g60, it seams to have a lot of work done to it like

Green top injectors.

New fuel rail

New pressure gauge.

Front mount intercooler

Oil cooler

And full exhaust system + manifold.

My problem is that the car on the mfa doesn't go above 76 unless sitting in traffic and the water temp doesn't go above 79 ish is my car running to cold oh my heaters don't heat up as well could that have something to do with the low temps

sounds like your therostat is gone, its in the water hosing near the rad. there only cheap so dont worry.hope im right and gud luck

Thanks mate I will check it right away I thought it might have a cool running thermostat but even that wouldn't make it run that cool, only thing is that the oil temp is mega low if your on the motorway it won't go above 76 degrees on the mfa but sitting in traffic it will shoot up to about 100+ could the oil cooler be the reason for that?

Agree'd, sounds like a thermostat problem, we've got the low temp and standard on the site & ready to ship - http://www.onlychargeddubs.co.uk/management-sensors/

Even with a low temp in it should still show close to 90', I ran mine with low temp stat and rad fan switch and it sat at 90' constantly, never ever went over :)

As for the oil temp, it probably is the cooler.

The sensor is sat on the filter housing so when you're tramming along and the oil cooler is open the sensor has freshly cooled oil flowing right past it which shows a slightly incorrect value, and this is why it rises so much in traffic.

I ran a VDO oil temp and pressure gauge and oil temp again sat at 90', it would rise if it was summer and sat in traffic for ages but never much.

You may find swapping the sensors round on the oil filter housing may change the MFA temp reading :)

As long as oil isn't going well over 110' then I wouldn't worry

Hi Matt, yeh the oil never goes above 110 in traffic I had the car out today and it's still showing about 72-78 on the water gauge unless stopped with the engine running, I have looked at your site and I will defos go on and get a low temp stat and a few other bits and bobs :) thanks

No problems.

I'd say to get the thermostat elbow as well if it's a few years old as they're a complete pain to get them to reseal after swapping the 'stat! ;)

I think I've found the problem the head gasket is on it's way out just started her today and the water has gone all milky and theirs some white residue starting to form on the oil fill cap :(

Sounds like headgasket - stop using it before the whole coolant system is choked up with water/oil emulsion.

I've been concerned about the temperature my C has been running at, so I went and borrowed a mate's IR temp gun.

Tip - sense on the heater matrix pipes - gives a true reading of the overall temperature of the motor when it's up to temp.

As it turns out the guns are on offer in LIDL at the moment for £18. Buy one!

Very useful for all sorts of things: check sparkplug heat for finding misfires, brake discs to identify binding calipers, temp on radiators for any blockages etc etc

And obviously you can check the temperature of your nads, too.

Hmmmm straight to lidl tomorrow after work I think thanks for that, yeh I've not started it since I noticed the water changing colour, will I need to flush my oil cooler out as well now that the emulsion has no doubt passed threw it.