stevec14

Corrado exhaust systems?

Hi All

Recently purchased a very good corrado early(hanger type) Jetex stainless steel exhaust from down pipe back with decat pipe. Only to find that my car is the later type and should have the bar type system underneath wvwzzz50zNK chasis. Only found this out when I took off the heavily modified Miltek sport system that I have on the car to replace it with the Jetex system. The Miltek is also a hanger type system but as stated it has been modified to fit under the car and is banging underneath.

Can the early hanger type exhaust be fitted to a later car with the correct hangers purchased?

The jetex exhaust that I purchased 2nd hand didn't come with it's fitting kit.

Don't want to waste any more money and if it doesn't fit it will be up for sale.

Thanks

Steve

P.S.

Forgot to mention that only reason i'm changing exhaust is that it's way too loud for me as I work shifts. And jetex have a really good name for performance without the noise.

I bought a Magnex second hand system for my car, was told it would fit straight on 1995 VR , but no, the hangers were miles off, had the hangers moved and re welded in the correct place, and the cat section pipe was way too long had to have this chopped and modified too, all costing extra money. By this time I was thinking what hell is going on? I was stumped as the garage who was doing the fitting had hacked my standard system to bits when removing it, so I was committed to having the Magnex fitted. Then I thought it sounded too quite as I run the car for the next week or so. I personally wanted just a bit over the stock sound. Opted to remove the suit case muffler out of the system, at some more cost.

Tbh I wish id stuck with the standard system, now I think now its just a Tad too loud, but must admit it does have the nice VR growl when past 3k on the revs.:smug:

You have to decide if you want to spend the extra to have it sorted to fit your car.

Edited by Ray1965