MoonlightVR6

Heater matrix advice.

Hi all,

I just have one more problem to fix, the bloody heater matrix.

To be honest I am bricking it as from what I have seen it looks like a right c u next tuesday! Especially with my very limited mechanical knowledge.

I have seen a few posts about taking the whole dash out vs partially removing it. Does anyone have a step by step guide of doing this, as its a bit daunting.

I ideally want to replace the whole thing including the pipes that run the fluid back into the engine bay - so I wont have to worry about it for years to come.

Can this be done by only partially removing the dash, or do I need to fully remove it to get at the pipes?

Is there anything I should be aware of prior to undoing things?

Can anyone advise if all these parts required are still available aswell?

I'd take the dash out. Easier in the long run I reckon. It's actually pretty straight forward. Follow the guide and make sure you have sticky labels to label every loom. I did mine over a couple of days. Worst thing was the glovebox!

Good luck!

I've helped do two heater matrix's now - we did one with the dash left in, and one taking the dash out. It was honestly far easier taking the dash out and truthfully (speaking as someone who's easily intimidated with potentially difficult jobs on the car) it wasn't that hard.

As Andy says, read the various guides that have been put up on here, take your time getting everything out (undertrays, dashboxes, switchgear, etc) - it all comes apart quite nicely, label everything including all the connectors and screws and you shouldn't go too far wrong :)

Good luck.