Jon_vr6

Gear knob attaching

Right when i originally got the car it came with a non oem crappy gear knob ive then replaced it with a genuine brand new corrado one but there is a gap when i put the retaining ring on underneath. So when im driving along in 4th the brass on the gear gaitor rattles against the plastic of the gearknob because of the gap and does my head in. Am i missing a part here?

All i have is the gear knob, leather gaitor surround and the retaining clip that is put on underneath. Should there be another part inbetween so the brass part sits flush with the gearknob

Cheers

Jon

i had similar when i went from OEM to non OEM gear knob

i fixed it by removing the leather gaitor & putting a small rubber ring/gromet round the shaft, then put the leather gaitor back on & once the gear knob was tightened up fully i could move the rubber ring up through the leather so as it holds it up against the bottom of the gear knob

i hope that makes sense!

far too many knobs & shafts in one sentence for my liking lol

Yeah that is the correct one..

As mentioned above maybe trying putting a layer of something between it and the underside of the gaiter to push it up closer to the gear knob...

Just realised I had an original one that I pulled the leather off and that sits flush, so looks like the grooves are different which is weird as its the same part number

Just to put this one to bed I fitted a rubber grommet on top of the clip underneath the gaitor and it pushed it up perfectly. Grommet I used was a standard size off the temp sensors on the thermostat housing fits a treat