Hofmiester

Shrick VGI controller wiring question?

Firstly, please don't say talk to Vince at Stealth as he can sort it......I live 250 miles from them and as good as they are....I have called him twice and email and got no response so I just want to do most things myself :)

I've managed to source the VW vacuum reservoir (from a TDI) and also the vacuum control solenoid. Looking on the web I've found that most people who have had to replace an RPM controller have gone for this onehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350805813031?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Which is actually the Summit racing one.

So here's the question..... The RPM controller has 1 white wire coming out of it to go to the solenoid, the solenoid has 2 pins and so I have no idea how this works. Does the other pin just go to ground? or positive?

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks man! that is the problem....Kev says "White wires to Shrick controller" but this only has 1 of them? but other people on the web have said they used this controller (unfortunately all their threads are about 8-10 years old!)

That would be great mate, I have the instructions and they literally just say plug white wire into solenoid, so no good to me. What I need to know is what the wires to the solenoid actually do, is the controller switching a voltage on or earthing at 4000 rpm.

Talk to Vince at Stea... Oh wait hang on (sorry couldn't resist :lol: )

I'm pretty sure the flap mech needs 14v to trigger as I'm fairly certain I was told to hook my VSR to pin 14(?) on my ECU as I have a dizzy. I had the controller so just used that anyway. This is a pretty helpful thread

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5923061-**Please-Help**-Schrick-manifold-controller-box-issues

In all seriousness though Ron, give Vince a call he will be more than willing to give you all the advice you need over the phone/email (well he was for me)

Jamie, I think you just provided me with what I needed. The link you sent has another thread thathttp://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5865940-Flap-not-opening-on-a-schrick-help that mentions the RPM controller switching on a + feed to the solenoid at 4000 from the Dizzy version of the ECU (pin 48) so the RPM controller replicates this.

What I need to know now is which pin is which on the solenoid, I am guessing one goes to the RPM switch line for + feed and the other goes to earth.

Could someone with a VSR tell me what their solenoid in connected to? one pin should go to 48 on the ECU and I need to know where the other goes? also which pin on the solenoid goes to pin 48 on the ECU.

if Ur vr6 is dizzy (92-93) U dont need the controler , and U can wire ur schrick from pin 48 of the ECU

if u have coilpack version of vr6 (93-95) u need the controler ,

U can bay that new from schrick for 250 euros or by this

http://www.bakerelectronix.com/products_rws/

thats the same thing that schrick controler , just way way cheeper :)

Cheers Tomi, afraid mine is a coil back one but the RPM switch I bought from Summit racing does exactly the same thing as the Baker one, both have been used on the Vortex.