Sign in to follow this  
146 Jockey

Oil pressure and Boost gauges.

I bought a TIM oil pressure gauge and a RACETECH boost gauge for my G60. How do you guys rate these and how easy are they to fit. I'm only learning. Should I have bought other gauges or the same ones but different brands.

Cheers.

i have a tim oil pressure gauge. has been in for about 18 months now. works fine , the odd needle stutter but thats what 20 quid gets. newer had a problem though.

be v v v v v v careful with the t-piece. i stapped it without any effort into the top of the oil filter housing.

i get 60-80 psi at ocld dropping down when warmer as an example

Thanks Gazza. Just wondering if there is a site or link to installing the gauges. Wouldn't mind having a look before I start at it.

take panels off from under steering wheel. the one that covers the fuses n the one that runs down to the centre console.

pull out cassette storage thing to leave empty bin.

drill a hole in the far end on the bin bout 15mm. put a grommet in if you like.

thred the copper pipe thru the hole n round above the steering and out of one of the grommets in the bulkhead. its behind the middle of the inlet manifold.

take sender out of top of oil filter housing. 2 bar it is the biggest one closest to the enfgine of the two.

screw in T-piece. be very careful. test fit it first as the brass threads are bad.

screw the 2 bar swithc into the end of the t piece then screw into the filter housing attaching the gauge line after that is in place. do not overtighten any of the brass fittings. it may look like they dont go in very far but 3 turns or so is enough. youll soon find out if it aint right -80psi!

attahc the gauge to the copper line in the pod n away you go. run the red to a ignition live if you want it always lit-black n yellow i think. earth to a earthing point near fuses