chazrad

FIA World Endurance Championships - Silverstone - Sat 19 April 14

Guys, I plan on attending this great meet at Silverstone on Easter Saturday. It runs for the whole weekend ( 18-20 April) but the Saturday is the only day I can do. Wondering if anyone fancies joining me. Saturday is free practice then qualifying for the 6 hour race, which takes place on the Sunday plus some other interesting stuff on track. The pit lane is also open to spectators.

Details:

This is sports car racing, which means the same cars that take part in the Le Mans 24 hr race in June (LMP, GT1 and GT3 classes). As I can't attend Le Mans this year, this is the next best thing. The grandstands are open throughout the day and spectators can freely move around the circuit to any grandstand.

Programme: starts with WEC free practice at 9am, followed by FIA F3 racing, European Le Mans Series qualifying, then the highlight of the day is the 4 hour long ELMS race starting at 2.30pm and finishing at 6.30pm.

Ticket price: Saturday roving grandstand price: £20 plus £3 handling/postage. Available to order online now. Save £2 over buying on the gate (£25).

Would be great to catch up with others at this event. It should be a fun day. Register your interest below and we can arrange to meet up.

More info here on http://www.FIAWEC.com

Charlie

Charlie I maybe going, not sure yet. Got a few friends that still work for some of the teams, so maybe able to get in for free

Charlie I maybe going, not sure yet. Got a few friends that still work for some of the teams, so maybe able to get in for free

Miles, would be good to see you there and catch up. Think Wendy's going too. Have you got my number?

Yep, that's me - I am going.

Charlie - would you mail me your number - just so I know I have the right number. Cheers Wendy