mayo6650

g60 charger problems HELP NEEDED

I brought a g60 last year that the previous owner had removed the boost return pipe , I know seem to have oil leaking from the underside of the throttle body dropping onto the manifold , have taken off the pipe going into the throttle body and is caked in oil , I think the charger is passing oil and traveling through the intercooler help needed , I think charger is in need of a rebuild but was told that it had been done when I purchased car . HELP NEEDED IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN CHECK BEFORE I STRIP CHARGER

If you've got excessive oil in the inlet system then chances are it's the charger that needs a service. Depending on what sized pulley it is running rebuilds can be needed as frequently as 20k miles. Unless it has a receipt for the work, you can't assume it has been done well. Also having tried the boost delete I'd suggest putting it back to normal. Any benefits, if there are any, are tiny, and without the boost return to give it a little oil, the charger needs regular lubricating with a very specific PTFE lube.

Thanks for the input I have a receipt for charger rebuild but it was from the previous owner who was a mechanic so cannot guarantee the work, who would you send the charger to for a rebuild ? or is it a easy job to do yourself?

Some people do it themselves, but its such a temperamental device I get mine done professionally. I would recommend John Mitchell Racing in Littlehampton. Others use Jabba sport or Only Charged Dubs, I don't know much about them though. Whoever you send it to should be able to crack it open and see if its OK, and replace any damaged seals.

There is a flexible tube beneath the throttle body which turns through 90 degrees and attached to a hard plastic tube that runs all the ways back to the charger. Then you'll also need the rubber tube that goes from the isv to the hard plastic tube that runs back to the charger.

OCD Only Charged Dub's seem to be good at what they do look in the supplier's forum they may be close to you too