Swompy

Corrado 2.8 24v conversion £3000 with 12 months MOT

Re listed due to information change and update.

Corrado now has 12months MOT and asking price is reduced to £3000

[/size]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Spending all year fighting myself and generally having a good hard think about what I want to do with the car as well as taking everything into account I have decided its time to Part with my Corrado. Its not a decision I've taken lightly but it just feel right, I havnt driven her all year and the year before when she was on the road I hardly drove her and think she deserves to owned by some one who will do what she was designed to do and that is be driven.

Originally was a VR6 but had an engine change 2 years ago due to the original engine being scrap. The engine was replaced with a 2.8 24v out of a Bora 4motion. The engine conversion was carried out by Graham from DG Autotech and no expense spared during the process. The car is on about 160K miles (will have to double check) Engine had 60K when installed (I've probably done 2-3K max since then) Whilst the engine was out the steering rack was replaced with a reconditioned one. Custom exhaust manifold with De-cat and Jetex exhaust system. Other mods include Koni Adjustable coilovers, rear strut brace, Generic re-map and de-badged grill.

I had her on a Rolling road not long after the conversion was done and she made 199 bhp and 220 lbft of Torque! She is slightly down on bhp due to two things 1. The generic remap, a Revo or Custom Code map would probably see a lot better results. 2. Due to the engine layout the air filter is positioned directly behind the radiator. Relocating the battery and extending the intake hose would solve this problem. Either way this car is great to drive, as soon as you put your foot down the power is there. On the rolling road print out the Torque graph looks like table mountain, it comes straight in and just flat all the way across.

Mechanically this car is sound and only upgrade I would consider doing is upgrading the brakes to 288mm. Only thing this car need to make it look its absolute best would be some paint work. For a car of its ages and millage the body work does show it slightly. No visible rust on the car at all. Only problem with the paint are chips along the front, the odd little dent and a few scratches. During my owner ship I found a thread on a detailing website where a professional company done some paint correction on the car and the have photos showing how thin the paint is on the front. Due to this, the scratches cannot be polished out otherwise you'd probably polish through the clear coat. Ian (GlousOx) has recently had the front end on his DBP corrado resprayed for a very reasonable price and the work was really good, I recommend speaking to him to find out more about this.

Only other bad point on the car is the sunroof doesn't work

On the inside it has Half electric leather Porsche Tombstones in the front. Extremely comfy, nice tight fit which stops you sliding round in hard corners and just look amazing in the car. The rest of the interior has immaculate black leather rear seats which have hardly seen any use and look pretty much brand new. Only thing needed to finish off the inside would be leather door cards as it still has the original black cloth ones. The parcel shelf has some professional fitted 6x9 and the parcel shelf supports have upgraded speakers too. Parcel shelf supports straps are 100% intact. Power, earth, control and RC lines will be left in the car running under the carpet from the front to the back. Only thing needed to make the sound system work at its best would be an amp.

She has a set of 16" Cades Eros Wheels with gold centers and polished lip. The wheels real finish off the car and have the perfect amount of dish. 4 good tyres all round with plenty of life in them.

I am looking for £3500 for the car which I think is an absolute bargain considering the engine conversion would set you back £3K if you was to have it done and even more of a bargain when you consider the car comes with the best part of another £1k worth of goodies (seat,wheels,sound system ect) and 12 months MOT. Now of course anything this good has a catch and the only catch with this is there is no TAX due to the car being SORN for just over a year.

Thanks for looking and feel free to ask me any questions and viewers are more than welcome to come and look at the car.

Here are the photos

106.jpg

105.jpg

095.jpg

049.jpg

053.jpg

020.jpg

010.jpg

008.jpg

081.jpg

Edited by Swompy