delfinis38

New VR sump pan

next oil change I will be changing the sump pan on the VR. want a new one but where from....

any one recommend one.... lots on ebay but whats the quality like are they really thin material ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK3-2-8-VR6-CORRADO-2-9-OIL-SUMP-PAN-GASKET-SUMP-PLUG-A123-/221416877858?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item338d796f22

can someone remind me what type of gasket I need for a late VR, they came in 2 different materials.

guess I need sump bolts from the stealer

can i ask why your changing your sump is it leaking?

if it was me i wouldnt touch the sump unless i had to on my vr engine {RIP} mine was leaking so had to change it on taking the sump bolts out three of them came out with the treads attached which was a right joke so then had to mess around getting them helicoiled which was a right ball ache so as the saying goes if aint broke dont fix it, is what i would say to you

but if you have to change it that sump doesnt look to bad and i woulnt image they would use super thin metal as the original ones arent that thick a material in the first place

cant remember which type of gasket but im sure when you go to europarts or where ever they will know, but again if it was me i would use the sump gasket paste from vw that the 1.8t 2.8 24v and r32 use as it seals so much better and you dont have to but hardly any torque on the bolts which helps not to strip the threads if you ever have to take it of in the future

and yeah id change the sump bolts if they look in bad condition, there really not that expensive even from vw, but if they look ok then i probs wouldnt bother as its not a bolt under alot of torque so dont really need to be changed, i guess it depends on how much you want to spend

Edited by perksy

You could go for a 24v one?

good point i have a spare 2.8 24v sump if you want haha

but you sig says standard and keeping it that way so guessing this isnt really gunna be your thing

Having said that I do agree with you perksy. Unless necessary dont bother. Mine was a bit leaky so I swapped to a 24v and the bolts were fine.

messy job though

Swapped mine for a 24V one but had it painted black to keep it OEM(ish)- Old bolts came out as easy as anything then replaced with St/Steel.