Tempest

Retro Mania Weston Park

Beautiful day, beautiful weather (fortunately did remember to pack the suncream lotion), what better thing to do than grab the keys for my Mk1 Rocco and set off at 7:45 (when on weekdays I normally get up :lol: ) towards Weston Country Park, where Retro Mania has been taking place for the last few years alongside Dubmania.

Upon arrival I was very pleasantly surprised about this event, particularly the Retro Mania bit. There was a very nice selection of classics from all different brands in the Show&Shine, where I parked up my Mk1 Rocco, too. Felt it was more suitable amongst the true retro cars present than in the Dubs Mania section, which admittedly sported some interesting metal, but more or less the newer stuff that you see at too many dedicated VW shows, which is why the retro cars section makes this show something else.

I got to chat to the owner of the Mk3 VR Golf next to me, also has a Rado, and generally the owners of the metal in the Retro section was more in-line with my age :bonk: , so had a good time indeed :lol:

There were quite a few traders, some VW breakers, too, quite a few food stalls, offering a wider range of grub than normally found at shows, and there is the possibility of camping Saturday evening in a quiet camping zone, too.

This event could be a good replacement for the sorely missed BVF :) Watch this space!

Easy to get to, even for my Mk1, which is always a bonus for heavily modded Rados, there were also a few Rados dotted around the fields.

Right, time for some pics:

retro1.jpg

retro2.jpg

retro3.jpg

retro4.jpg

retro5.jpg

retro6.jpg

retro7.jpg

retro8.jpg

retro9.jpg

retro10.jpg

retro11.jpg