shaunje

Gear linkage cables, I cant find any?!

Hi all,

One of my shift cables went last night, and I'm having difficulty finding new ones anywhere.

Anyone got any idea who'd have them?

It's a Corrado 16V 1.8.

Cheers!

I'm fairly sure the cables and shifter are common to all models. I've got a pair of cables here still attached the shifter box although the actual gear lever has been removed. The part numbers on the actual cables are 1H0 711 265 and 1HO 711 266. I'd be happy to sell you a single cable, both cables or the whole lot if it's any good to you.

I also have a set of two cables which have been removed from the shifter box. Part numbers on them are KUO 535 711 265

and KUO 535 711 266 Photos below. Again. either or both cables are available.

I've just checked VagCat (vag parts catalogue) and its shows the cables as part numbers 1H0 711 265 and 1H0 711 266, so you may well be in luck. Check out the VagCat link below the photos below, the shift cables are numbers 30 and 31 on the list and they are common to all models from 1989 to 1995.

P6110003.jpg

P6110003-1.jpg

http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/vw/COR/1990/76/55/846444/

Edited by leon263

Have you tried VW, I got some about 6 weeks ago. They were expensive though £96.00 each if I remember rightly. I have changed both of my cables and re bushed the tower. Now it's nice and smooth :)