Sign in to follow this  
RACK

Removing CC (again)

I know this has been covered before, I've tried a search but couldn't find anything on removing the Carbon Canister on a G60, it seemed to be all on the VR6.

Anyway, I'm running a Jetex cone filter at the min, but am going back to original air box with K&N panal filter (The induction kit will be coming up for sale, after I get back from holiday, could do with a clean, but I've got a heatshield to go with it, also could be selling Jabba 68mm pulley and chip).

Just need a bit of advice on how to go about modding the airbox with the K&N in it for best results?

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers ppl

RACK

taking the carbon cannister out of a G60 is almost identical to the way you do it on the VR... at least, that's how I did it! ;)

What I then did was to work out where the carbon cannister hole is under the airbox, and then cut a hole in the same place and put a piece of 3" aluminium flexible duct in there which I fed down to the front bumper... This means that just about all of the air going into my airbox comes from behind the huge grill in the RS bumper and is nice and cold (and therefore dense!)

I've also moved the outside air temp sensor into the air box so I can keep an eye on the temp of the air going into the supercharger 'cos I always found it a bit useless having an outside temp sensor... It's quite revealing as to how quickly an airbox can get heatsoaked in traffic... ;) :?

Henny, once again you come to my aid! I really need to get my car sorted and get to some shows so I can get you a beer in!

Dense air rules! The only part of the winter I love is the cold air for the car!

That's a sweet idea with the temp sensor, what's it look like, and where is it usually found? Did it take much to re-locate it?

Cheers mate

RACK

Has anyone with a VR felt any real difference in removing the CC and cutting the air box? I take it the forced induction motors benefit the most?

Henny, once again you come to my aid! I really need to get my car sorted and get to some shows so I can get you a beer in!

8) no problems...

That's a sweet idea with the temp sensor, what's it look like, and where is it usually found? Did it take much to re-locate it?

It lives in the front drivers side of the bumper right down low near the brake cooling duct... it just clips into an aluminium plate in the bumper's lower grill (you'll see it if you look! ;) ) and it looks like a small probe with a double pole connector on top...

All I've done is to pull the wiring back up through the chassis leg, and then just plonked it into the airbox through the hole I cut for the new pipe... 8)

Cheap (£0.00!) and easy to do too! :D 8)

Nice one mate, I'm gonna change the oil when I get home from work tonight (going to go back to Synter silver instead of gold) so I'll have a look then.

Which pipes do you block of and how? :?: