Atki

The saga continues Atki

Well here is the latest for my readers.

Had the car running first thing for 5 mins!!! Started as if there was nothing wrong. Then I switched it off to try and see if it would re-start. Not a hope.... 4 hours later I threw in the towel. Just by pure luck I spotted a component on the many car spare parts websites I have trawled through that referred to the ecu. Temp sensor. ( The Blue One ) Is it possible that this is the cause of my woes? When cold it would start, the car that is, as soon as it gets warm it fails to start.

I have continually checked the 109 relay and am convinced that it is working. However just so I have a spare I will be getting both of the above mentioned tomorrow. Will let you know.

Atki

Might be best to stick to one thread about the same issue mate. Otherwise you will get the same answers from others and go round in circles....

Yes sorry I realize that now. Well it looks like she's back on the road. It turns out that it was the BLUE cold start sensor, replaced that this morning and have tried the car continually every hour or so and it starts straight away. Going to chance a small trip out a little later. I did put in a new 109 relay and that made no difference at all so now I have spares of crank and cam sensors + a spare 109 relay. Incidently this didn't show on the com at all.

Edited by Atki

Test run a joyful success. Engine feels really good and sounds great. Got really good mpg to boot, 40.2 at one stage. Averaged out at 39.5. Promise I wasn't holding back either. My Vr6 has now covered 270460 miles from new. I got it when it had done 62500. Only had the clutch done 3000 miles ago! Frustrating that a £4.00 sensor halted it for so long.

She is a 94 registered M plate. She has not been modified or played around with at all. Colour described as Blackberry ( Maroon ). Cloth interior ( no rips, no tears ) original carpets, in fact the interior is in great condition. ( cumfi too ) Just have to do one or two minor touches to the body work ( rust ) nothing major just niggling. Underneath is really very clean for its age and mileage.

Edited by Atki

haha I wouldnt go trusting those MPG figures mate :)

glad to hear you had a nice run in it though. happy days