anubis

Unidentified Spring - What is it?

Afternoon chaps.

I was parking up yesterday and heard a 'ping', something hit my leg. Once stopped I had a look and the spring & mount shown in the picture below had come loose.

Does anyone know what they're from?

I'd assumed it was related to the clutch pedal, but that's still working (as are the other pedals). Strange.

Cheers,

Ben

It's from your height adjustable steering column :) It means (unsurprisingly) it won't be sprung any more..

I love corrados :lol:

"Something hit me in the leg" only corrado. I suppose it's better than having your face burnt off by the heater matrix.

I love corrados :lol:

"Something hit me in the leg" only corrado. I suppose it's better than having your face burnt off by the heater matrix.

They're the gift that keep on giving. I still always laugh when water comes cascading through the window when you foolishly dare to open the window after it's rained and all the water from the roof & gutters makes a bid for freedom.. 10 years of owning Corrado's, and it still gets me every damn time.

Haha, yep that still happens to me too. The last time something hit my leg it was hot water, seconds before the heater matrix blew and flooded the cabin with steam. 90mph on the A3. Luckily there wasn't a sole on the roads so I could pull over.

OK, cheers guys! Weird, as you'd think if you're not adjusting the wheel height, why would it ping off!? Corrados. Oh dear.

Hi Ben the spring and plastic in question are from behind your clutch pedal I know this as I had to replace mine a few months ago. The clutch will still work ok but it helps the pedal when it's depressed and to return. If you remove the under tray from the dash you will see where the white plastic sits on 2 lugs at the back of the pedal, it should have a tube that attched to one end that the spring slides over. If you look closely you will find a part number on it. If you go to you vw dealer and give them the number they should be able to order the white plastic piece up for you you could always get them to print a copy of the diagram of the pedal box set up :)