shire38

MAFS Advice

Hi folks i have been having issues with what i call a very slight misfire and car seems a little down on power. I have changed plugs and leads but it is still there. so it was suggested it maybe the mafs.I removed it just to have a look if anything obvious and i found that the wire mesh is breaking away ( see pic ). I know this wont affect it but wondered if this could be bought seperately.

Another question is i read people saying if you remove the plug and it still runs the same then you may have an issue as usualy it will run rough, well mine actually cuts out altogether.

Any Advice appreciated.[ATTACH=CONFIG]79636[/ATTACH]

The early maf which you have when unplugged will cut out the engine. On the later cars the maf is different and the engine note changes and it runs rough instead as it takes its readings from elsewhere

The early maf which you have when unplugged will cut out the engine. On the later cars the maf is different and the engine note changes and it runs rough instead as it takes its readings from elsewhere
do you think the mafs could be cause of problems?

shire38, sorry to hijack but I'd be interested in this too. I actually have a new MAF sensor sat in my basket on the Euro carports website. But i don't want to go to checkout without more advice :-)

My C is an Auto, and it is experiencing all the same symptoms (it too is the type that cuts out when unplugged). It's currently sat at 75,700 miles which I believe is about right for a MAF change? It had new plugs in its last service about 2,000 miles ago. I get occasional erratic gear changes when she seems to lose power and slip into sports or limp home mode and it seems to get more and more frequent.

I don't really want to spank a huge amount of money on something I don't need...