Hairyarse

How many temp sensors on 2.0 16v 9A?

My recent purchase had a pretty bad idling problem, it was hunting all over the place and stalling at junctions quite often. After a thorough check through of most things - and cleaning and resetting the metering head flap that was surprisingly dirty and 'out of whack!' I replaced one of the temperature senders, which seems to have sorted the problem, mostly.

My question thought is how temp sensors are there on the 9A engine? I've contorted myself as much as I can and can only see two - one with a white plug (part 36 in the following link/diagram) and next to it one with a single spade connector, no 8.

http://www.partsbase.org/vw/corrado-cor-eu-1995-212-oil-pressure-switch-thermal-switch-temperature-sensor-switch-for-reversing-light/

On this drawing there's three no 8's showing. Should I have others I haven't found yet, or as this is a generic diagram for all four cylinder engines is it just covering all bases?

Any help appreciated, hopefully to confirm that I'm not going blind!! Lol

Cheers

Andy

That's the one for the ecu with the white top, the other smaller version is used to send a signal to

the temp gauge on the cluster.

Iirc there are two knock sensors present or possibly the ABF 2.0 valver engine has those, it's been a while since i

last saw one mind..

Edited by VEEDUBBED