Sign in to follow this  
marksvr6

lowered 40mm with 18's?

Put a new set of 17's on the vr two months ago, and got her lowered yesterday 35-40mm. I'm seriously contemplating whacking a stonkin set of 18's on her but not sure what the drawbacks are or if its a good idea or not? anyone got 18's holding them to the road?

IMO, 18's look a tad too big on the C - I think that 17's are just about right.

From what I remember - 17's and therefore even more likely with 18's, tramlining comes quite a lot into play. Not running either, so don't take that as red.

I'm having 18's fitted at the moment and just changed to coilovers.

mines mainly for showing.

if u go for 18's u need to be sure of the offset and width of wheel.

plus u will have a better setup and clearance with coilovers than standard shocks.

My C is a 1.8 16v

What is the best offset / width to have ? I bought wheels with 35 offset and they rubbed so had to buy coilovers to give more clearance :wink: but still had to put small spacers on :shock: That is with 7x17" wheels, the outer edge still catches inside of the wheel arch on full lock (only when parking )

i had 7x17 with et 35. rear arches rolled, nothing done to fronts, slightly catched on inner lining.

I've gone for 7x18 technomagnesio wheels with et 37 or 38 can't remember which, had the rear arches fully rolled, liners on front removed and arches rolled, waiting to get car back to c about catching but from the info i was given before buyiny they should b fine without any problems