Purple Tom

1994 Dragon Green VR6 and my ENTIRE parts collection - No Longer Available

1994 Dragon Green VR6 and my ENTIRE parts collection

Hi,

This is a slightly complicated story so I'll try to keep it succinct. For those who don't know me I have owned 6 Corrado's since 2008 and have completed a TDi conversion and two VR6 rebuilds among various other bits and bobs. Over the years I have amassed a massive collection of Corrado spares, both from breaking 3 VR6's as well as doing the TDi conversion.

In July of this year my Dad moved abroad and left me his industrial unit along with a load of stuff that he couldn't take with him. Prior to that I had purchased a 1994 VR6 in Dragon Green as a potential project/breaker (hadn't made my mind up when purchasing, but it needed rescuing one way or the other!) I moved my stuff from my Mum's double garage to the unit and when doing so I realised just how much stuff I had!

In August of this year I sold my weekend toy VR6 and a couple of weeks ago I finished the restoration of a Polo G40 for a friend. I have since turned my attention to the Corrado and have realised that I just don't have the same enthusiasm as I used to for getting dirty working on cars. I've done lots over the years and I think it's time for a change in direction although I'm not sure where yet.

As a result, I thought I'd offer the car, along with my entire Corrado spares collection, for sale, in one go, to someone who might have the enthusiasm that I used to have.

The car has a huge amount of potential - it's a 1994 VR6, 164k on the clock. Full black leather interior, in very very good condition. A decent amount of service history, it's got aircon and other than that is pretty standard apart from a BMC CDA. The bodywork is very good with some minor corrosion on the bootlid. It had been standing for four years prior to me purchasing it however I have had it running and the engine sounds great, nice and smooth and quiet and gets up to temperature nicely - all I had to replace to get it running was the radiator and clutch slave cylinder.

It has no fault codes on VAGCOM other than a N/S/F ABS sensor which is a straightforward fix. It has no tax or MOT but I honestly feel that with no more than a days work (discs and pads all round and the ABS sensor) and a decent clean up and polish it would stand a good chance of going through IMO.

The wheels fitted are 16" BBS 5 spokes which look very much like Speedlines. It'll also come with the original Speedlines.

As for my parts collection - it is huge. I can't list everything but there are lots (and I mean lots) of valuable parts - boxes and boxes full of them. Those of you who have visited either my old garage or my unit will have an idea of what I've got. There are piles of interior trim, electrical items, difficult to find interior fixings/fittings, engine components, suspension components, braking components, pedal boxes, lowering springs, headlights, foglights, indicators, rear lights, body panels, doors, spoilers and so so much more.

I'm looking for ?2500 for the lot. You'll need a van and a trailer to come and take it all away. The car is a currently on the button so can be driven onto a trailer - there are probably enough parts to fill a T4/Transit sized vehicle.

For those of you who might think that it's a little pricey for a car with no MOT and a load of parts then I'll put it into perspective:

- With MOT and a decent clean and polish the car is a ?2.5k car all day long, particularly with the very good condition interior. Invest a bit of time and effort (and a small amount on replacement parts) and you've all but got your money back, plus a shed load of spares that you can advertise and sell for a healthy profit.

- Break the car and you'll easily get your money back, plus all the parts that you can sell, as above. Either way it's a win/win situation, especially for the shrewd amongst you.

The only reason I'm not doing either of the above is simply because I have lost the love.

Please PM me for further details if you're interested!

Thanks

Tom

List Date: 10/11/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1994 Dragon Green VR6 and my ENTIRE parts collection

--------------------------------------

This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

hfRzDVAb7Btx.JPG

hSyrue00ZHBs.JPG

kvxUyaNGgWVz.JPG

Mobile friendly version: 1994 Dragon Green VR6 and my ENTIRE parts collection

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!