Sign in to follow this  
*Ben*

Induction kit for a 1.8 16v

Hi I have seen a few corrado 1.8 16v with a normal K&N induction kit without all the wires and the management system, is this an easy mod and if so how do i go about putting one one??

Thanks

Ben. :)

In a word - NO not an easy mod :D there is a semi induction kit, which costs about £130 quid, which retains the metering head - but heard bad things about them. It's obviously possible to remove all the metering head but it's pricey, a lot of guys do the drilled box thang but i'm not a fan of that either... depends how extreme your going

ps - so do you live in wales or new zealand :!:

Hi I have seen a few corrado 1.8 16v with a normal K&N induction kit without all the wires and the management system, is this an easy mod and if so how do i go about putting one one??

Thanks

Ben. :)

Keep the normal airbox, apart from preserving the warm air pickup for the winter months, it works just fine as standard, perhaps remove the snorkel inside.

Get a K&N or Jetex panel filter if you must but they don't really make any difference over a clean paper filter, bar the noise.

DAvid.

i have fitted a pipercross airbox replacment bottom half... and errrr well the noise is fantastic but performance wise i probally looses a few horses.....

i think the drilled box mod it the best?

yeah bought one of them second hand but it was for the smaller box i.e the Golf so lost me £30 there!!!