Hairyarse

Fuel sender leak?

The last two times I've filled up the C (full tank) I get fuel dripping off the bottom of the tank and a big puddle under the car. It stops quite soon after filling up.

I'm used to MK1 Golfs having this issue when the O-ring under the fuel sender on top of the tank has perished and needs replacing. I'm assuming this may be a similar issue but couldn't find an answer searching on here. Does anyone know this to be the likely cause?

Looking on Partsbase it doesn't show a separate O-ring, just the cap (no 23 on here - http://www.partsbase.org/vw/corrado-cor-eu-1995-65-fuel-tank/)

Any help appreciated as always ;)

Cheers

Andy

I don't recall there being a seal, either way, I'd remove the 3 screws holding the inspection hatch down in the boot and simply open the tailgate an look next time you fill up, the tank is moulded up to the filler unlike a mk1 with a separate neck, so unlikely to be that, perhaps the breather system has a split somewhere.

Cheers for the info David. I did that with a MK1 Golf Cabby not so long ago - filled up with the back seat out and watched the fountain of fuel spurt all over the top of the tank!! lol

Cheers again

Andy