2.016V

new engine and gearbox mounts

I have an ABF in my rado, originally a 2.0 16V.I need to replace all mounts and was wondering what set up is best to go for? I have heard of going for the Vibratechnics road front engine mount and oem the rest, has anybody had any experience with this set up or recommend any other options?*

Many thanks

I have to say I put a VT front mount on my 16v and found the increase in vibration, etc into the cabin intolerable - so would personally stick to OE style mounts if I were to have to refresh them all again.

I'd second that, and try to get a FEBI main rear mount as this isolates most of the engine vibration as it's right in front of the driver in the subframe and some standard pattern mounts are too hard (let alone VT ones), front mounts do break from time to time but you are better replacing a front pattern mount for £30 every couple of years than cracking the front mounting bracket because the mount had little give (seen loads of them broken!)

After having said all that I have an old VT mount on the front of my 16v, but it does have some give and noise isn't much worse than standard, I believe this was a softer spec VT one though and may be a bit worn too, think it came from a mk2 golf.

Thanks guys, will go for febi ones then, save me a shed load in the process aswell haha, want to eliminate vibration so seems the best option