AngusL

VR6 wont start no spark FIXED heads up guys

Well it's a good thing I like working on this car...

I did the heater matrix the other day and tidied up a ball of messy wiring above the fusebox which entailed unplugging each fusebox plug and rewrapping with insulation tape which has tidied up the mess caused by an alarm fitter many years ago. Put the car back together started it up midway through to make sure all was ok. Yep started fine. Cold spell so left it over Xmas. Dash looks fantastic as its all back together with some bits that were missing - went to restart it. No start. No spark. Ok I must have miseed reseating a plug or fuse or relay. Plenty of time checking it all over and wd40 on the contacts but all seemed ok. Today was going to rip the Sigma M30 out but it was working well so didn't want to condemn it. So suddenly had a thought go check the ecu plug. Guess what. The ecu had a fair bit of minor oxidation on the pins.... WD40 and a bit of a fiddle and a wiggle and clean up of the plug and pins ... Car started first time.

If your car engine stops or if it's been left standing for a while if it turns over but won't fire up Start at the ecu plug wd40 and blow off any oxide build up.

Coincidence indeed that this plug was not touched but caused me some serious wasted time.

I hope this helps someone out here.

Regards

I should do this have tried to keep things bagged or plugged in. But recall seeing an electrical connector cleaner spray.