MZpog

2.0 16v Exhaust required - Same as golf Mk2? suppliers?

Last night saw the demise of my Powerflow centre box that cracked/snapped at the weld and put the already loud system into "Superchav" mode.

I've never really liked the booming noise that Powerflow provided so will replace the full system with a quieter one.

Having looked at the definitive exhaust thread, Magnex were put on my shortlist along with Jetex.

Unfortunately Magnex's website doesn't list a Corrado system and I wondered if the listed Mk2 golf system is the one used?

Anyone recommend any suppliers of Magnex or Jetex?

I have read the Corrado and mk2 exhaust differ slightly over the axle and the rear box.

Never seen it myself, but I was thinking about this to have an exhaust made for the Rado (on the road) to fit to the Golf (restoring) and seen a few threads stating the differences.

Bit the bullet and ordered the Jetex. Problem is I need to know my chassis number (at home) to complete the order.

Anyone know how I can get this from a reg number?

****edit**** doesn't matter, found it from the thatcham install doc I have a copy of on my phone.

Edited by MZpog