VRTRIZZ

Forum Virgin

Hi my name is Garry, I'm from and live in the north east of Scotland. This is the first thread I have written, in fact this is the first forum I have joined. I am not a mechanic but like to tinker with things.

I had wanted a Corrado for a long time before Buying my one in December of 2012. I bought it from a friend who bought it from a lad who really looked after it. It turns out he had taken it to bits to change the heater matrix but unfortunately was unable or just gave up on putting it back together again. Never done one but it dose look a bit daunting. Anyway due to the car being in the state it was he got it pretty cheap, put it together and put it in storage. I bought it for £1500, tested it and ran it for a year. I love the way these cars drive and how comfortable they are. It has alway had to be the VR6 motor after hearing one rip away when I was a youngster. I remember thinking what the hell has he put in that thing. Soon found out it was the VR motor.

As you can see the car needs a bit of loving. There's a few bubbles, stone chips and wheels could be doing with a refurbish. The inside, apart from needing a good clean and Hoover, is in good condition. The owner before my friend stitched seat covers to the seats! Haha. Unfortunately there are holes in the dash where someone has had a mobile phone holder or something alike.

My plans for the car are to look over and do any M.O.T repairs then get it tested. Once tested I intend on turboing it. I plan on writing a build thread when doing so. She will be getting painted to.

Here are a few pics of the car. There not very good but will put up better ones. Unfortunately the photos on my go pro were to big.

Please let me know if photos have worked, thanks.

Thanks for looking.

[ATTACH]80913[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80914[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80915[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80916[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80917[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80918[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80919[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80920[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80923[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80921[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80922[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80924[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80925[/ATTACH]

Local to me then, there's a local site called eastsidevw that you might like.

Your in Aberdeen yeah? Ok nice one, will check it out. Are there much meets up this neck of the woods?

No meets as such for the Corrado. Im just outside Aberdeen in Kintore but originally from Kirriemuir.

Eastsidevw has a meet planned for 3rd March I think.

No meets as such for the Corrado. Im just outside Aberdeen in Kintore but originally from Kirriemuir.

Eastsidevw has a meet planned for 3rd March I think.

Ok, well the Rado is booked in for a test on the third haha. Hopefully she'll pass. Away to pull the wheels off and service the brakes and look for anything else for the test.

Welcome to the forum Garry. That doesn't look too bad at all ;)

Thanks Hairyarse, might spot repair the rust bubbles for now. Want to paint it frozen white, the same colour I painted my 205. Anything else white looks cream next to it haha.

[ATTACH]80953[/ATTACH]

The bible that the previous owner had for the car. Everything from m.o.t certificates to lightbulb receipts.

Like the colour, like the matching 205 beside!

My 'affair' with Corrados started about 25 years ago when I saw my first one while in Aberdeen visiting my sister, still messing with them now:thumbleft:

Blimey that is a bible!

What is frozen white? Solid, metallic?

Haha yeah but think I'll continue filling it with any paperwork for the Rado. Will be interesting to see what I will have spent at the end of the turbo project.

Ford frozen white, it's solid. It's a 2k direct gloss, no need for clear coat!

Like the colour, like the matching 205 beside!

My 'affair' with Corrados started about 25 years ago when I saw my first one while in Aberdeen visiting my sister, still messing with them now:thumbleft:

Yeah, my love for the 205 hog is very strong. It's the only French car I would own! I've had three, the 1.6, 1.9 with a few mods and the white one you can see. It's got the 306 gti6 engine in it, that I then turboed. Dyno print outs at 236hp. Goes well for a wee car!

The Rado is clearly a better car and the love is growing stronger every time I lay my eyes on her haha.

Wow, that must go like stink!! I had a GTI-6 back in the day (and loved it!) so in the 205 with a hair dryer strapped to it, it must be mental!! lol

Wow, that must go like stink!! I had a GTI-6 back in the day (and loved it!) so in the 205 with a hair dryer strapped to it, it must be mental!! lol

Haha yeah I love it!! Done a 13.8 quarter mile, which isn't to bad. Would love to get into the 12's with the Rado.