MZpog

URGENT - Alternator exciter wire fuse/feed?

Bloody Corrado (2.0 16v) stopped charging tonight. Battery voltage 12.5v ignition on but not running, but with it running it was 11v instantly blamed the new reconditioned alternator and whipped it off, but when I checked the exciter wire there was no voltage.

Checked in the car and battery light not lighting.

What I need to know is where does the exciter wire get it's live? Is there a fuse (all looked ok) or a relay that I need to check?

Help much appreciated.

I had this happen to me on a VR, battery voltage fell with no warning light coming on.. If i revved it over 3k (ish) battery voltage would come back up to running values (as per VDO gauges in the car).

I changed the LED in the clocks and it was fine ever since.. I thought that would be too easy a fix but it can't be a coincidence..

Sorted, stupid mistake by me. I checked the reverse light switch at the weekend and had inadvertently unplugged the single blue wire/plug which I now know is for the exciter wire. Bob your auntie, it's fixed.