Jamie

Febi Coolant Reservoir Quality

I'm going to be replacing all my coolant hoses in the next few weeks and was planning on changing the reservoir at the same time for a MKIV Golf item. Been quoted £23 plus the cap from TPS, but I can get a brand new Febi one for £8 including the cap. Just wondered if the Febi quality is up to much as I know they can be a big hit and miss on their parts?

I'd get the genuine one for the sake of £15 difference in price. Am sure i've heard of the cheaper ones splitting around the seam.

I'd get the genuine one for the sake of £15 difference in price. Am sure i've heard of the cheaper ones splitting around the seam.

Yeah you're right Jim - been doing a bit of research and it looks like the Febi ones split in a place the genuine ones are reinforced and they're not. Oh well looks like it's off to the dealers then

I bought a febi late mk2/16v Corrado reservoir from avs, it was utter rubbish, the bottom outlet was so badly moulded it leaked water and the cap didn't screw down properly, I replaced it with a GSF one which has been perfect.