ryanb1031

Easiest Plug and Play engine swap for SLC?

Hello all i recently purchased a 1993 VW Corrado SLC. The corrado has a vr6 engine swapped in that came from a 1997 Jetta with an original SLC tranny. This motor has about 90k miles on it and i am looking to replace it with a motor with less miles. I am fairly new to the VW world and I'm not sure what other engines can be bolted on directly into my corrado.

What engine swaps are the easiest plug and play bolt ons for the corrado i have?

Is a 1.8t swap a simple plug and play swap?

What are the cheapest options vs expensive options?

What other parts might i need for a swap other than the motor?

I would like to use the the same tranny i have now in the car so what swaps are compatible with the slc tranny?

Here are just a few specs and mods of my current corrado i would like to have a swap that is compatible with these mods that i currently have:

12k on the body

90k on the motor, the motor is a 2.8L vr6 swapped from a 1997 jetta,

Sachs clutch kit,

giac performance chip,

race land coilovers,

tectonics exhaust,

mk4 shift box.

I have done tons of research but have found mixed answers and and opinions on the swaps. Im hoping i can find clear cut precise info on here so that i can begin this project. Any help will be much appreciated!