dannyp01

The next step

Hi guys just became a dubnut and bought a nice g60 off ebay

It has jabba stage 4 charger

Jabba 68mm pulley and chip

Jabba or jetex induction kit

Magnex exhaust from cat back

Please advice what the next step should be to get more power

Also what bhp should i be getting with the mods i already have ?

CAPS LOCK OFF!!!

When was the charger last serviced? They should be done every 50k miles or so. With that sort of mods it will be close to 200bhp. Not to clued up on the G60 (despite owning one a while ago) but fom reading stuff on this forum its seems G-Werks and SNS are the guys to look for in terms of more/reliable power.

Any pics??

1) Welcome to the forum 8)

2) PLEASE DON't SHOUT - it usually looks like someone's shouting :) I've edited your post.

3) More power? I would look at where you *want* the extra power. Personally with a G60, first thing I would do is a charger overhaul, or a check at the very least. I know sweet FA about the G60 though, so I'm not the best one to advise about mods.

4) Current power? Again, being no G60 expert and because it depends a lot on the car itself ie a Jabba 68mm pulley and chip doesn't give 'X' bhp. 175 - 185 ? Could be way off.

Ah, that one!

That was on sale here as well. Looks like a very nice car indeed :)

Nice looker.

Powerwise you have what you are going to get, unless you have a bottomless wallet.

You could have the head flowed and a cam. Your next serious problem is the standard intercooler. That'll see off a grand, maybe a touch more if you are going to have to pay for labour.

Henny will be along later to tell you how much more power costs!!

I think you should enjoy it for what it is. A smart car that handles well, looks great and stays in front of 99% of the traffic on the road. :mrgreen:

Gavin

I was here earlier Gav, but I was just passing due to the call of beer! ;) :lol:

At a guess, dannyp01, with that setup you'll be looking at around 180 to 190 BHP REAL figures... Jabba chips are renowned for being a little on the overfuelling side at all revs, so it may be worth you investing in a decent air/fuel meter or getting a wide band lambda test on the car to find out how the car is running.... 8)

Dumping the standard intercooler and sticking in somthing slightly better than the original half shoebox will do wonders for the feel of the car, and may up the power slightly, but it'll definately improve the feel when it's warm.... 8) I'm running with a GOLF G60 intercooler with all the original Golf pipework... it's a full width jobbie (fills the whole front of the car) but has the nice advantage of fitting into existing location lugs on the front radiator mount... 8) They're not cheap mind (around £500 inc all pipes) but, by god, do they make a nice difference... 8)

Unless you wanna go down the block rebuild path, your only other way to improve the performance of the engine is to start making it breath better... Gas flow the exhaust manifold and fit a JMRacing hi-flow Miltech downpipe and gas flow and port ALL of the inlet system.. It won't give you much more BHP, but it will improve the torque through the rev range and make the car much faster on the road.... 8)

Your other BIG issue with a G60 is the gearbox which has a totally cr@p 2nd gear... :roll: Getting this changed for a VR6 2nd will give you around 64mph in second and you could also benefit from an LSD and maybe a different final drive ratio... 8)

There's so much you can do, it all depends on what you want the car to do, and what you want to use the car for....

Have a chat with John at JMRacing (16VG60 on the forum) or Darren at G-Werks (G-Man) who are the 2 people I've had the work done by who are on the forum and see what they say... both are well clued up and will listen to what you want to achieve and then try and come up with a solution... 8)

There are plenty of other tuners out there too, but these are the only 2 I can recommend other than Stealth racing, as I have little or no experience with anyone else.... 8)

Cheers Lads

I think i'll just change the intercooler and thats it.

Then start saving for a 20vt to drop in.

If anybody wants any welding equipment I work for a welding wholesaler so I can get machines and supplies at decent prices.