corrado wannabe

Strut to hub Bolts

Quick Question peeps,

Are the two bolts that hold the bottom of the front strut to the hub carrier (and are used to adjust camber) the same?

I was always under the impression that the top bolt was the camber bolt and was an eccentric bolt?

The cery helpful partsbase site that was posted a few weeks ago, does not show the bottom bolt in the exploded diagram so I am leaning towards both bolts being the same?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Many thanks

I'm pretty sure both bolts are the same but the upper and lower holes in the strut mounting may be different to allow the movement to adjust camber. Vag Cat also only show the one bolt in their parts list.

I have an unused set of Eibach camber bolts here for the Corrado if you would be interested. They are eccentric and you can adjust the camber just by rotating the bolt........ £15 inc. postage and instructions.

P8160002.jpg

Leon,

Many thanks for your reply. Thanks for confirming what I thought.

Can I keep you in mind re the Eibach bolts? At the moment I am looking to order the vw ones as I am planning on finishing the job 2 moro.

Am I going mad, or did older Golf Gti's (Mk1 and Mk2) have an eccentric top bolt?

Dougie