Sign in to follow this  
kongo127

2nd Intercooler for 1990 Corrado G60?

Is it possible to assemble another air intercooler just next to the radiator water cooler and then link it to the original supercharger intercooler? :roll:

Would it give more bph? :D

Has anyone done this before? :?:

From what I understand, it won't give you much more in the power department - but will certaily help with engine running in hot temperatures. Especially useful in Portugal! I think Henny mentioned something about it yesterday. Moral of the story - "A Golf G60 intercooler is a god send, just be ready with the wallet!"

HTH

randal

yup, that's the bunny... 8)

Remove the old small intercooler and fit a Golf G60 one complete with all the Golf's pipe work... 8) needs a slight modification to the new intercooler which involves cutting some of the mounting bracket off it so that it'll allow the headlamps to fit back in, but other than that, it's a fit and forget modification... 8)

You're probably in a better position to buy one that us Kongo, as you use Euros anyway and have already got the hang of Ebay for buying stuff from Germany... 8)

You'll also notice the difference a lot more than we will 'cos you have nice warm weather over there which will make the bigger intercooler essential! ;) :D

Yeah i am sure that i will notice a huge difference. 8)

The problem is that my rado seems more powerful when you just started it unitl he warms up! :roll:

I think that it´s because the inlet manifold and other parts are still cold.

When i´m driving on hotter days the car seems less powerful...

I guess that it needs more cold fresh air... :idea:

That´s why i started this post! :)

/me has ideas about fitting an A/C unit and piping the cold air straight from it into the airbox.... :D

/me has ideas about fitting an A/C unit and piping the cold air straight from it into the airbox.... :D
I looked into that not worth it as you need to run the aircon on cold all the time, and in winter it would get freezing, if your on about fitting an ac pump just for pumping cold air to the airbox, forget it the losses of the pump will be more than you ever get back from it

fitting 2 intercoolers will lower the temps but will reduce boost build up and responsivness. Why not instead use 1 intercooler big enough for your needs ilke they mentioned the golf g60 or one from vito merc. The corrado is cramped for space at the front and the position where the charger is makes it harder to fit 2 intercoolers. Removing the boost return pipe and routing cold air to your airbox/induction filter will further improve things, also think about a second air filter on the charger sucking some nice cold thick air. Doing all these will improve things quite a bit, if you are still runing hot then use a crossflow or 16v head :-P