g60newguy

ignition issues!! no spark! please help

I hope someone has the solution to my problem. I just bought a 1990 Corrado g60, its been having issues starting. it turns over just fine but there's no spark. Distributor spins fine, all the plugs work. I replace the ignition coil,the ignition switch, and the key lock tumbler today. After doing this, it started up great, no issues, I decided to turn it off and try it again and now it wont start. Same problem, turning over fine, just no spark.

Someone help!

I got all genuine parts, and it worked fine. Do you think it could be my crank sensor?

There isn't one on a G60 - just the hall sender in the distributor...

Often aftermarket alarms cut the spark to immobilize - there maybe some sort of hidden fuse associated.

I'd also check all the connections for the bits you changed - it worked first time do maybe try the old coil again if you suspect the switch was faulty or vice versa.

There is a sensor on the block, next to the dip stick, could be a knock sensor? But the insulation on the wire is falling apart and exposed. Could this be part of the issue?

There is a sensor on the block, next to the dip stick, could be a knock sensor? But the insulation on the wire is falling apart and exposed. Could this be part of the issue?

Hi mate, yeah it's a knock sensor - it's done up to a specified torque, needs to be screened and also kept away from coolant hoses but won't affect the starting of the car

ok, so I traced the problem to wiring between the ignition switch, and the coil. What could be causing this? Bad connection?

Have you got an old alarm still fitted?

Check the ECU connection is plugged in properly.

By the way, has the car ever started since you've had it?

Hi and welcome, Over xmas I did my heater matrix and after not running for a few days and thick snow for the UK - my vr6 did the same thing. It was the ecu plug just needed a squirt of wd40 and a clean up using compressed air. Worked perfectly ever since. If may be well worth your while to give the big loom plug the same treatment. The loom plug is easy to undo when you know how. If you dont know then you will never open it. Grab the inner part and twist from the top towards the front of the car and it opens up and separates. There is a static bit that does not turn on the side towards the winscreen washer bottle. good luck. Even if you find your problem elsewhere it is still worth doing these steps.