T-mo13

2.0l 16v tuning (turbo conversion)

Please advise if this is in the wrongs place...

Had my corrado a few weeks now, and like everyone I'm looking for more power.

It's a 2.0l 16v. I've down some digging but there really dosent seem to be much in the way of tuning these engines. Can anyone adviser on the options please. Not including a conversion.

I've got loads of bits if your going turbo mate, turbos, manifolds injectors, pistons,forged pistons in a 9A block, KR cams,uprated clutchs etc, etc..

Sweet!

Is it a job worth doing? Or would a conversion prove more cost effective.

Where abouts in the UK are you based

As always cost/driveability will be a factor but for some simple cost effective upgrades I'd recommend doing some I've done....KR cams, Ebay chip, 50mm intake, decat (legal if pre August 92), full exhaust, K&N panel.

My car runs sweet but as I haven't put it on a rolling road yet I've no exact power output figures.

I would love a turbo but as the car is a daily drive, I wanted something with less to go wrong.

Sweet!

Is it a job worth doing? Or would a conversion prove more cost effective.

Where abouts in the UK are you based

A full engine conversion would definitely be more cost effective, not everyone likes the characteristics but a 1.8T (of various flavours) bolts straight in and can give you a powerful, reliable and easy to source spares engine.

I've got loads of bits if your going turbo mate, turbos, manifolds injectors, pistons,forged pistons in a 9A block, KR cams,uprated clutchs etc, etc..

Where abouts are you based in the UK fella?

That's the crunch mate, i'm in Rome, Italy!

Still if the needs there..I've done quite a few mate, 2.0 16v G60 charged, turbo 8v mills, 2.0 turbos... my last one i have still to finish is a 2.0 turbo 16v with nitrous up its sleeve.

I've always used Weber/Marelli L8 ecu and loom, modifiy the loom for the various sensors and get a timing disk off a fiat coupe turbo 16v and adapt it onto the Vw pulley. The chip off a non cat Lancia delta integrale works fine. The 2.0 9A 16v G60 charged engine was digifart G60 powered using an SNS stg.5 chip, very good but not as good as the weber stuff.

Let me know if you need any advice, bits or photos.

Cheers-Andrew.

Edited by VEEDUBBED