2sheds

surging and stalling over 1500 rpm (2.0 9a)

Right, so after many many days of rebuild I finally managed to get her started again today, sat and let her heat up and tried the throttle, everything peachy.

Came inside to sort out tax as been off road for months, went back out to go for a drive and now once rpm hits 1500 the engine just goes lumpy as heck!!

All wires checked, HT leads fully inserted, new temp sensors in head and connected, havent touched the 3mm allen key thing, I'm outta ideas!!! :(

Oooo, I deleted the carbon cannister too but cant see that making a difference, especially as was running fine before

I didn't have any stalling issue (after cleaning the ISV) but did have a strange surging at one time, just after fitting a 50mm intake. It seemed to only affect the car when warm, but not all the time and would drive me nuts with it's revving up - vroom, vroom, vroom. Checked for air leaks with a spray round but this didn't affect it. I wondered if my MAF was out of spec and whilst checking this leant against the elbow from the metering head and it stopped. Swapped the elbow for one in stock and tip top ever since - it must have had an air leak. Worth a check.

Cheers greatly, looked all over and no gaps, turns out while Ive had head off something must've moved the positioning screw on throttle body as half a turn later and all is peachy again, now to fit the door cards and go for a well deserved drive :)

Aaaaaaaand it's back, seems to be when engine is warm, and have to start and stop engine 3-4 times and then leave key in prime like a diesel for about 20 seconds and then starts again just fine. In process of changing coil, leads and dizzy cap but wondered if there's anything I'm overlooking