Sign in to follow this  
200sx Paul

Corrado G60 Times

I can't believe that G60 Corrado's have a 0-60 time of 9.1, that is slower than a non turbo Fiat Coupe and only a second faster than a Saxo VTR :lol:

Why is this engine so slow :roll:

I'd like to welcome you to the forum.

But if you have only come to cause arguments then you aren't welcome.

Oh, and by the way.. I dont know where you are getting your numbers from, but my Saxo VTR wouldnt touch my Corrado 16v - it certainly wouldnt have a chance against a G60! Its nice to be able to say I can give an informed & authoritive opinion on this :D

I can't believe that G60 Corrado's have a 0-60 time of 9.1, that is slower than a non turbo Fiat Coupe and only a second faster than a Saxo VTR :lol:

paul...................the g-60 has a manufacturers 0-60 time of somewhere in the region of 7.5 secs....................but there was a few early g-60's(most notably autocars longterm test one)that had g/box problems early on.........hence why autocar's long-termer only managed it in 8.9secs.......slower than what they managed to get from a 1.8 16v Corrado that they also tested.....the only Corrado that would have similar figures to 9.1 secs is the 2.0 16v (from 92)

but if you think that a un-modded g-60 would be slow.........then you obviously haven't come across one or driven one

Of course, if you'r in the market for one, then i think you should know that the whole 9.1 seconds thing is a load of tosh and the official figures are in the 7's

Darn it Roddy!! You just beat me to that one!!! :wink: I just checked the list a sec ago and you must've just signed in!!!

As above really.......the G60 0-60 is slightly faster than 9 seconds.

Also, as above, we welcome any car enthusiasts to the forum, but if you purely here to try and get your kicks by putting down cars other than your own then I am sure we will have no problem saying goodbye to you.

Also, if you would like to question the G60 engine, maybe Darren or John at PD Motorsport, might like to convince you otherwise.

EDIT: oh, and welcome to the forums!! :D.........how rude of me :)

Also, as above, we welcome any car enthusiasts to the forum, but if you purely here to try and get your kicks by putting down cars other than your own then I am sure we will have no problem saying goodbye to you.

Right, Im not saying he isnt here for a good reason, but say he is here cause he's in the market for a Corrado? If he's read that time of 9 secs somewhere and cant believe it, then he's going to try and go somewhere else to get a proper figure, and where better to go than here? If i just joined a forum and was looking at getting some answers one some things, i wouldn't be too chuffed if i got that response from the system moderators :evil:

Rgds

Right, Im not saying he isnt here for a good reason, but say he is here cause he's in the market for a Corrado? If he's read that time of 9 secs somewhere and cant believe it, then he's going to try and go somewhere else to get a proper figure, and where better to go than here? If i just joined a forum and was looking at getting some answers one some things, i wouldn't be too chuffed if i got that response from the system administratores :evil:

Rgds

Ah, but I know that a certain member from this forum has been over on the 200sx forum making power-claims and questioning their cars. I must say that none of this is malicous in any way at all but I'm pretty sure that our new members arrival is purely a by-product of this other 'debate' rather than an interest in purchasing a G60, or even a Corrado.

I believe that my comments were well-founded and will happily retract them if it turns out that our new guest has a genuine interest in the Corrado and it's community.

As i've mentioned before, the G60's were presented to the public in very tame form. How many other cars can boast a genuine 25-35 bhp increase by spending around £180????

G60's come to life (as they were intended to) with the simple chip and pulley mod. 8)

my buddy has a 240sx... he can spin em rolling anywhere in second.. but he can never pass my G60 at any speed.. his car is fast.

200sx is a chick car.. at least.. i've never seen a guy driving one over here, and they are everywhere.. usually purple with pink and green graphics. whats the 0-60 on that??? :lol:

sorry guys.. couldn't help it :roll:

200SX's arent all that common over here, despite their enormous market depreciation in the past few years. Can pick up mint condition later models for like £7k. I have always really liked them, and they are certainly not a car I would turn down if I was offered one!

Most definately not a chick car though.. 2 litre turbo is for the guys over here! :)

hmm.. it didn't get a turbo over here... and they are all driven by girls..... i've learnt which cars are always driven by girls so i don't miss out on the hot ones! :D

First Warning

If you are still stirring by post #3, I will ban your username, remove your account, and come round your house and smack your bottom.

Welcome to the friendly forums ;)