2elliot

Front end bounce on VR6

I had a good blast on some choice backroads today, the car felt good and I'm starting to get used to the handling after coming from a sorted Ford Puma.

A couple of things have shown them selves on the run out, though.

The front end bounces up and down over undulating roads when pushing on, it feels under damped, if that's the correct term.

Also, when turning at speed the steering judders/knocks and feels slightly vague. It's certainly no where near as sharp as the Puma.

...and it pulls to the left.

I need sharpen all this up so any input from handling gurus on here would be more than appreciated.

Cheers

I believe they are standard shocks and springs. Boge shocks. Possibly 5 or 6 year old with about 10k miles on them. No idea when it was last set up. I've only had it a month.

Cheers

Get it aligned so you know where you sand then maybe start looking at uprated suspension as std is wallowy imo. That should shared things up

Ok, I'll look in to getting it set up 1st. I'll report back after that.

Wallows describes it perfectly.

Cheers

Might be the same situation as mine. I think my dampers are dead or dying so they're not working properly and therefore it's really just the springs doing the suspension. As a result even mild potholes result in a hard *CRASH* and uneven roads are, as you've found, bouncy. I've had some terrifying moments on roads I misjudged thinking I was about to get bounced off the road.

So it might be time to look at some new dampers!