Timbo

VR6 cylinder head

I've got the car to bits to fix a bunch of unrelated things and I've noticed a fairly substantial oil leak from the head gasket. It'll be fine for now, but in that I have everything to bits it would be silly not to fix it at the same time. Rather than get my own head skimmed and/or reconditioned, I thought I would check on the off chance in case anyone has a straight swap that's already had some work done. Anything is considered and I'm willing to spend a reasonable amount (don't take the **** though :).)

TIA.

Edited by Timbo

I've got one that would be a perfect fit for you - I bought it used, then got it vapour-blasted so it looks pristine. After that I had the inevitable coolant corrosion pits welded and then got it skimmed on both the head surface and the thermostat mounting flange for peace of mind. I also got all the valves and springs ultrasonically cleaned to remove every trace of carbon.

Looks mint and cost a small fortune but I never fitted it due to the chassis rotting away before I could do any engine work :(

My loss is your gain etc...£200 and it's yours. I'll grab some pics in a minute.

Nick