andygal

VW Corrado VR6 in Bromberr Metallic with recent new engine

VW Corrado VR6 in Bromberr Metallic with recent new engine

Hi,

It is with regret that I have to put my Corrado VR6 up for sale due to the purchase of a new house and a lack of time to enjoy it. I have owned it for just over a year and this has to be the best Corrado I have owned (have had 3 over the past few years) and mechanically, it wants for nothing!

She is a 1994 on an ?L? plate and has completed 238k miles, will have no tax due to new tax rules and MOT until Dec 2015 (passed MOT with no advisories and praise from the tester on it being the tidiest Corrado he has seen). The colour is Bromberr Metallic (LK4Z).

The car has had a lot of work carried out over the past few years and is mechanically very good. Points to note include a new engine fitted by Volkswagen in March 2006 (@ 167k miles) so only 70k miles ago, all new front end bushes and ball joints replaced last year including a new steering rack, new brake callipers, disks and pads all round including braided Goodridge lines and lots more.

Due to maximum number of characters being exceeded, I can?t put a list of all the work on this advert but please have a look on Gumtree for a complete list - http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/vw-corrado-vr6-in-bromberr-metallic-with-recent-new-engine-g60-golf-29-volkswagen/1122092164

I have every receipt (a ring binder full of them) to confirm all of the work below has been carried out which shows how well it has been looked after.

The grill has now been replaced with an original one with VW badge and the rear now has the chrome ?VR6? and colour coded ?Corrado? badges replaced. These pictures have been taken once the car has been stripped of all coatings and wax to show the true condition of the bodywork ? it polished up fantastic.

Mechanically, there is slight play in the steering caused by a worn universal joint. A replacement part will be provided from a low mileage car and I will try to fit it prior to sale but can?t guarantee that I will have the time too.

As you can see, the only part of the car that slightly lets it down is the condition of the bodywork. It has never been involved in an accident (HPI certificates with car) however, had a poor respray of the doors by a previous owner to remove the dings and scratches. They have painted up-to the seals etc rather than removing them so, unfortunately it?s not up to my standard when close up. The wing mirrors are suffering from lacquer peel so would benefit from a re-spray and there are a couple of small scuffs ? one on the front and one on the rear bumper. Lastly, there are 2 small areas of rust forming, one on the front wing and the other on the passenger door. From a distance, the car looks superb and you don?t notice the paint but I want to be as honest as possible. The only other bad point to note is the driver?s seat bolster has suffered wear and could do with replacing - only to be expected with a car of this age and miles. The rest of the interior, carpets etc are all spot on and clean up perfectly. I am probably making the car sound worse than it is but I like to be as honest as possible to save any disappointment when viewing.

The car is in Aberdeen however, I will be more than happy to collect anyone from Aberdeen airport or train station for viewings.

I am looking for ?2,500 for the car which I feel it is worth due to the mechanical condition and work that has been completed of late.

Please get in touch if you have any queries.

Thanks, Andy

List Date: 6/23/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: VW Corrado VR6 in Bromberr Metallic with recent new engine

--------------------------------------

On Sale For: ?2,500.00 (Local Pickup Only)

buynowbutton.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

df6dedb5-c038-4d44-af20-a7fb6b171a25.jpg

4a1c09ee-0819-4f94-9db4-39658e49525a.jpg

f32f7a61-cde9-4b77-80c9-5f8f033e47e3.jpg

b30fa7ad-2dd9-4dbc-b13b-5175fb434344.jpg

1f792722-f48c-4f35-978d-5b2eca293fdd.JPG

3e2ed98b-31ec-4878-a3c4-03841f46b6d8.jpg

a8d6b448-0dcf-4bd5-886e-e6bf218a20ee.jpg

f31ffe14-4897-4503-baed-99025228507e.jpg

5607a646-1435-48bb-b2b5-048abf1a4422.jpg

Mobile friendly version: VW Corrado VR6 in Bromberr Metallic with recent new engine

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!