Goldie

Seat wiring loom removal procedures

Question, if required i may be looking at removing a pair of electrically adjustable and heated seats from the car. The rear bench and door cards will be coming out as well..

So what is the procedure for getting the loom(s) out? Anyone done it? Tough job? Any tips...

The electric movement loom is easy-ish. It goes from the passenger seat, under the carpet, over the tunnel to the drivers seat, then on to the drivers footwell by the bonnet release and up to the fusebox.

Remove the seats and unplug the loom from underneat them. Take the handbrake cover off and loosen the centre tunnel trim. Fold the carpet back (may need to remove some trim holding it down if I remember), remove the frivers side under tray and footwell trim by the bonnet release. Drop the fusebox. Then pull up the loom and remove from the back of the fusebox.

I think the heating loom is more involved though (not done that one) as the relays may be in the rear doorcards??

I believe the relays are behind the passenger side rear door card. I wonder much loom there is in the dash itself...

Heated loom runs from fuse box, to switch, passenger foot well, along inner sill and splits at side of seat. One part of split goes to passenger seat then over tunnel to drivers seat. The other part of the split continues to the rear and lives behind the rear door card as per picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81986[/ATTACH]