Corrado VR6

Ambitiously priced at ?2,000 but I am open to offers.

Plus points of this car are:

- Low mileage VR6 engine - will update as soon as I get a reading (I'm at work writing this ad).

- Full bodykit which makes the car looks so gorgeously mean!

- InPro (I think) Angel eye headlights and crystal front fog & indicator cluster (really cleans up and modernises the look of the Corrado in my opinion).

- M3 style smoked & red rear lights.

- Adjustable suspension (will get the make and update) which produces a very comfortable ride - even on the 17" rims.

- Remote start alarm / immobiliser (nifty way of warming your car up in the morning without leaving the house or unlocking the doors!).

- Original black leather interior in v. good condition.

I bought this car because I missed my Storm too much and wanted the VR6 induction noise back in my life, plus all the time I had the Storm I was envious of certain mods which I though made the Corrado look much more up-to-date without altering it's beauty but could never bring myself to apply on a Storm. This one came up with all the mods that I wanted and that swayed my heart over my brain.

But it had its faults, which I soon discovered. After driving through central London after buying it I finally got out of the city about an hour later and could put my foot down for the first time and was delighted to find out the clutch was slipping. I didn't have the cash to get a new clutch that month so parked it and continued to use by dreaded A3 instead and a couple of weeks later went to wash the Corrado only to find that the beautiful paintwork accompanied by a receipt for a ?2,500 respray) was falling off wherever a bird had done its business or even wherever I rubbed too hard. Clearly I had been had.

Not to be deterred, I figured I would still get the clutch replaced and turned to vinyl wrapping to create something beautiful, but two years later I have yet to do this and now my plans have changed, I will be moving house and will not have a space to park the Corrado anymore, so my dreams of putting her back on the road are gone.

This car has not been driven for 2 years and as such all the brake discs are coated in rust which would probably wear off quite quickly but I'm not going to pretend that is going to be the case.

I bought a sample of gloss black vinyl from MDP Supplies to see how easy or hard wrapping would be and have applied it to the bonnet. Turns out it is actually pretty easy as long as you have someone helping you since manipulating sheets of vinyl with the backing peeled off is too hard for one person on their own - which is what I did. end result was that I had to spend more time afterwards getting rid of air bubbles. However, if you're thinking of buying this car and trying your hand at wrapping, you'd want to remove my handiwork anyway so you have matching vinyl all over. But my point is, after watching youtube you'll have everything you need to do it yourself and I'm quite upset I won't have the chance to do the whole car - was hoping to go the black/purple route (calculated black gloss would cost around ?100 in materials, black/purple flip about ?180).

The other bad point to note is that one of the tyres went flat and then perished and is now triangular.

Whilst I believe the car would be driveable once the spare is one, even with a slipping clutch (it only slips when you floor it) and even with the rust on the discs, I would recommend transportation, but that's your call.

If no one wants this as a complete car, I know I can get over ?1K for easy to remove parts + scrap and more if I have the time to remove other bits but I hate to think of a thing of beauty going that way :( Even with bits of the matt grey paint missing it still manages to look stunning to me.

there's a headlight wiring loom to throw in with the car so you can get more volts to the lights.

Stereo (needs installing) is a 7" fold out screen jobbie and has a rear view camera, but the wiring is cut.

List Date: 7/24/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Corrado VR6

--------------------------------------

On Sale For: ?2,000.00 (Local Pickup Only)

buynowbutton.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

c72f595b-99a5-4d91-bf1e-38ae7c11a7b4.jpg

87581326-d946-467f-8bdd-d5447556d16e.jpg

01ea5632-fa61-4bbb-9dc0-e725d5f20641.jpg

236de80c-c4ed-44f4-8a43-74085661b265.jpg

6cef63cb-1cd8-4a69-b67b-dd3dc2a20de7.jpg

6750ca2c-2930-4191-ac06-4601bed2cbb1.jpg

d7e0db11-bee6-481d-a922-101997d0faad.jpg

2e73a28b-f56f-46f1-8d25-6a1a34e94cc3.jpg

Mobile friendly version: Corrado VR6

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Edited by storm_warning