Chargemeup

G60 pulley rattle

So. Jumped into the car this morning and could hear a strange rattling from the charger! Started to take it to pieces today and found that the pulley and shaft key have been eating each other! The pulley key way is about twice the width it should be. The pulley is an after market aly one 68mm, it's only been on the car for 6 months. Before I replace it I would like to know if this is a common issue and what I can do to stop it happening again? Should I replace it with a steel pulley instead of aly?:scratch:

Sounds like the pulleys been loose hense the damage to it, presuming the shaft is OK just fit a new pulley.

It's worth checking that when the pulleys is on and the bolt done up the pulley is held.

I know on mine it isn't and now theres a large washer behind the normal one to take up the slack

So if I get another shaft key and Aly pulley, it should be okay as long as it's tight. I don't want to be paying out for another pulley in 6 months time. Anyone know where the best place to get a shaft key from? 6x4x35v? Thanks Richman!