Wookie_66

Active Spoiler

Hi, I am a newbie and need to ask a similar question to what a lot of people have already asked but I have searched google etc and either don’t understand or cannot find a post that I can suit my needs.

I have just brought a 2nd hand spoiler mechanism that has a White/Blue wire and a Green/White wire coming from the plug. What does each 1 do. I don’t have a Corrado at the moment and I am not using it as a spoiler as such.

Ultimately for the moment all I need to do is to know how to work it off a push button/switch. I have just found through some research there is a control module; do I need this as I don’t need it to be speed sensitive.

Thanks for any help.

David

The spoiler mechanism has 2 wires (see below)and depending on which way you wire 12v, the mech will either go up or down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82313[/ATTACH]

The control unit is what changes the polarity to the mechanism and this is controlled by the switch or speed sensor.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82314[/ATTACH]

Hope this helps.

Thats great. Now if I set it up on a switch does it need to maintain power to keep in 1 possition. So if I were to put powere to a 2 way switch; power in and 1 out to 1 cable and the other to the other; would this would work?