seek4y

Hello All and Advice Please

Hello all, :wave:

I am not new to the VW scene, having owned Dubs since I was 17 (now 25) I have endured many hours behind the wheel of Mk2 & Mk4 Golfs, Polos, Boras and also a Corrado.

I owned mine for around a year, and it was the 2.0 16V engine. I absolutely loved it but got rid when the engine packed up and couldnt afford the repairs :pale:

Im looking for a bigger engined Rado with abit more grunt, being older and having lower insurance bills!!

Now the big question is,

What is the best engine to go for? A G60 or VR6?

I look forward to being an active member of this forum and hope to meet some nice people.

These are a couple photos of my old baby.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82493[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82494[/ATTACH]

Welcome to the forum. Regards which engine is the best, this is not an exact science. They both have their positives and negatives. For driving experience you probably need to do just that-experience driving a good example of each. If you pop along to a Corrado Forum or CCGB show/meet, you may be lucky enough to get a passenger ride in both. Personally I am a fan of the VR6, but the G60 is a great car too...Probably doesn't help much!

I live in Northampton.

I'm leaning more towards the VR6 only because I have a fear of getting a bad G60 and the supercharger blowing and costing £££!

When are the Corrado meets and I'm guessing they are situated all around the UK.

Hey ther I've currently got a VR6 I use daily

Long as you keep them regularly maintained can be abit juicey (VR induction roar)

There's a Northants meet every Sunday at the lakeside were there's afew corrados that attend

I try to attend as much as possible too

When I was looking I looked at both g60's and vr6's and bought the best example which happened to be a g60. The howl of the g60 when your going for it is awesome plus the steering felt sharper due to lighter engine. I get that the g60 could blow but there is no guarantee with vr6 either.