Hclay93

New on the block.

Hi all, just bought a Corrado VR6 (L89 XVL), not standard and goes like the clappers, although I picked it up off a friend for fairly cheap, however it is in need of some tidying up and possibly some engine bits. When I bought it, I intended on driving it as a daily driver, and for the last week that's what I've been doing, untill today when a friend mentioned about smoke under acceleration, I have been reading a lot of things so far, hoping it's not piston rings but going to carry out a compression test in the morning. The car is supposedly bored to 3.0liters with JE pistons and has had head work and has no Cat either. Thinking that because of the lack of cat that more oil will be passing through, also found a split pipe on the outlet of the PCV, going to replace that tomorrow with whatever hose I can get my hands on.

On inspection of the intake boot there was a large build up of oil, along with lots of oil on the throttle body, could this be a cause of the blue smoke out the back..? There's also a single puff of smoke out the back after braking to a stop and then pulling away (pretty gently). Going to also carry out and oil change/filter along with plugs. Any recommendations..?

Thank you for any help you can give me. Cheers.