Guest petercabrio

Plastic water pipes and fittings

Guest petercabrio

I have recently changed the thermostat and all of the sender's. I also changed the housing after reading about the plastic being brittle.

I wish I had realised the other plastic pipes that fit into it were so cheap and I would have changed them too

The crack pipe snapped the oil cooler branch off and the adaptor housing that fits into the thermostat housing snapped around the o ring

9324b5bb5dcc33a7c81f99f89e35dee7.jpg

3f3e41558eb99a7cf4a52d7b3f5bc7a7.jpg

The car is now in bits and waiting until Tuesday for parts

966fd20802745a711bfc21bc44616da3.jpg

I've cleaned the block after reading other posts

72f74eccf08845d7c04a250997dcb3b2.jpg

Don't like the look of that block, never seen waterways that looks so corroded. What did you clean the end with, I'd smooth off with some 1000 grade, looks clean but very rough, and you don't want to oversize it.

1 tip heat the o ring on crack pipe with a hair dryer so it's soft and pliable and should push straight in,if your forcing it your damaging it.

Guest petercabrio

Don't understand what you meant by the look of the waterways? Here is one before I fitted pipes and the just slid in both ends

9cbcf4c77f877c9c5716f65ad30cfe79.jpg

01f207dd8aee0558e47e61a70a2395ff.jpg

Don't understand what you meant by the look of the waterways? Here is one before I fitted pipes and the just slid in both ends

9cbcf4c77f877c9c5716f65ad30cfe79.jpg

01f207dd8aee0558e47e61a70a2395ff.jpg

The ends look nice and clean where pipe connects, presumably where been cleaned, but beyond that looks pretty nasty, has engine stood for a while are been ran with just water, I'd be giving it a pretty serious flushing of some kind, if was me.

Guest petercabrio

The flushing has caused the problems and killed most of the senders. I flushed the system in an attempt to get the heater to work properly and that stopped all the senders working properly. The engine galleries are clean, the only corrosion Is on the outside

The flushing has caused the problems and killed most of the senders. I flushed the system in an attempt to get the heater to work properly and that stopped all the senders working properly. The engine galleries are clean, the only corrosion Is on the outside

Looked terrible on photos, but your looking at in flesh and I'm just looking at a photo, so take your word for it, bad photo maybe.

The flush wrecked your sensors ya say? What type of flush? Just put new engine in mine was going to flush whole system as matter of course, but giving it's also had new heater matrix, most of pipes, and really radiator's only bout 3 years old, and given your experience think I'll give that a miss.

Sounds like your heater matrix is shafted, best change it, parts not expensive but pig to fit, can do without removing dashboard, I did, remember to take the metal bracket to left behind centre console and it'll come out, there's a thread on here somewhere that's good.

You can get a caustic sode type of flush from memory but it's meant solely for radiators, when out car, that stuff might do ya sensors, though not even sure that's for public sale, think it's trade only.

Guest petercabrio

It was holts two stage flush, I had to change the radiator fan switch and the others dont work as well

82c8db03264e700fd73579a913952d3f.jpg

One on the right saw the rad flush